Blog Post 6 :: Biodata

I am a 4th year Mechanical Engineering undergraduate at the National University of Singapore. I am an optimistic and enthusiastic person who acquires fulfilment in life through my passion – teaching. My knowledge in counselling, motivation, leadership and transfer of skills has seen me undertake educational roles as a classroom teacher in secondary and primary schools, swimming instructor at the competitive and recreation levels and a lay speaker in churches. I am also a web designer for various corporate clients and a volunteer designer to a few non-profit sites. I live to pursue achievement, yet seek contentment – my balance in life.

4 Comments:

  1. Zhi Lian said...
    Hi Brandon, I can see that you are really passionate about teaching as you have supported this with many various examples ranging from schools, swimming to churches. I agree that the personal traits that you have mentioned would serve you well in the aspect of teaching and no doubt, I think that you would also have the qualities of being caring, concerned and committed because these values are also indispensable to teaching.

    Another impression I get is that you should also be quite IT-savvy since you are into things like web-designing. I guess being IT proficient can be advantageous to teaching because you can always adopt IT as a alternative platform for teaching as well, especially in this "information-boom" age.

    It is also good to know that you try to strike a balance in life so as to acheive a more positive outlook of life.
    You Fei said...
    Hi Brandon,

    Your biodata give me an impression that you're someone who really loves to share and impart your talents and gifts. From the various teaching stints you've mentioned that you have been a part of, I could tell you're a multi-talented person who just really enjoys helping out and teaching others what you already know, in other words, you love sharing your passion.

    You mentioned that you are a web designer for various coporate clients and it stuck to me that you're quite an entrepreneur as well. And this really reflects your ending message, that you are in pursuit of a balanced life. =)
    grace kim said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    grace kim said...
    Thanks, Brandon, for the detailed and informative post. It has definitely given me a better insight not only into the myriad of skills that you possess but also who you are as a person :-)

Post a Comment